ootd: 5 summer capsule wardrobe essentials
I know I've been talking about capsule wardrobe for a while now & I must admit I still haven't managed to go through my wardrobe yet. It is driving me more insane every day as I see those piles of clothes that I simply don't wear often (or, more likely at all!). I guess it might be that I go through everything at the end of summer, but it is happening I swear!
Anyway, I have spotted some things that seem to be essential for me in the summer. Since the Lithuanian summer is not very hot anymore (which I love by the way!), I am perfectly okay wearing long sleeved shirts, blazers, light sweaters and slippers at the same time, isn't that great? I really like when you have bare legs yet need to cover up your upper part as it can get a little chilly. That's why the outfit that I wore a couple of weekends ago was absolutely perfect for a sunny day when it can get super hot in the sun, but also can be a little cold when that sunshine is under a cloud. Let's go through my list of essentials summer items then, shall we?
- a grey midi dress: this is such classic for me, I've had this one for years now. It's super comfortable cause it's not short, but still very breezy as it has slits on both sides. Perfect piece for the summer! P.S. I have a similar lightly knitted one featuring on the blog next week - grey midis - a definite winner for me.
- black slides: my ones have this perfect satin bow on top and it makes them a tad more interesting, don't you think? These ones are super comfortable when worn it, however, at first they gave me terrible blisters... I know, I hate my feet!
- knitted beach bag: this one was probably the most instagrammed bag of the summer after straw bags and Cult Gaia ones. Yet, I bought one in Paris and it came very handy. TOP TIP: keep your things in a small canvas bag, so that important things as your phone, wallet, lipbalm and keys won't fall out.
- cotton shirt: who doesn't love a light and airy shirt to thrown on when you get a little bit cold? I sure do and as you might already guessed, I love blue stripy ones!
- sunglasses: I already talked about having a good pair of sunglasses and these ones from D&G definitely are one of my favourites this season.
I hope you liked this post, see you later with a beauty post!